Friday 25 April 2014

Poop & Scoop


In the above image ideally would be how we would like to teach our cats to use the loo, and pull the flush. However,I think that's just asking for a little too much, personally I wouldn't want to share my toilet with a cat anyway.

So to the nitty gritty.

To start training your kitty, lift them into the litter tray first thing in the morning, after meals and before going to bed.  Praise your cat, give a little treat if you like for her hard work.

Most important of all is a clean litter tray.  There are many litter products out there, I especially like the wood based pellet types but there are numerous types to choose from.  I also like to use litter box liners, then all you have to do is pull the bag together and throw away - job done.  Also useful to have a poop scoop for in between bag changes.

And that folks is the way forward for a happy crapping cat, of course it's much better if they go outside.